- You know you are getting old when the candles cost more than the cake.
- Bob Hope
- There are no strangers here; Only friends you haven’t yet met.
- William Butler Yeats
- Success is walking from failure to failure with no loss of enthusiasm.
- Winston Churchill
- That which doesn’t kill us makes us stronger.
- Friedrich Nietzche
- I’d rather live with a good question than a bad answer.
- Never be afraid to laugh at yourself, after all, you could be missing out on the joke of the century.
—Dame Edna Everage
- Light a small candle instead of cursing the darkness
- I don’t like myself, I’m crazy about myself.
- Mae West
- Coincidence is God’s way of staying invisible.
- Nothing travels faster than the speed of light with the possible exception of bad news, which obeys its own special laws.
- Douglas Adams, “The Hitchhiker’s Guide to the Galaxy”
- Rock bottom is a solid foundation on which to rebuild your life.
– Jo Rowling
- When a person can no longer laugh at himself, it is time for others to laugh at him.
- Thomas Szasz
- Fairy tales do not tell children that dragons exist. Children already know that dragons exist. Fairy tales tell children that dragons can be killed.
- G.K. Chesterton
- I don’t let my mistakes define me, I let them remind me.
- Don’t tell me the sky’s the limit when there are footprints on the moon.
- Excellence is not a skill. It is an attitude.
- Ralph Marston